Counseling and Licensing
Legal counseling for individuals and business entities on all intellectual property matters including:
- Infringement matters
- IP portfolio review and management
- Due diligence
- Quality management and quality control
Licensing and negotiation for all types of Intellectual Property contracts:
- Patented technology
- Trade secret technology
Litigation is complicated. We keep it simple.
- Delivering a fresh perspective because each case is unique and we consider each case carefully and with undivided detailed attention
- Emphasizing quality, efficiency and a pragmatic approach to resolve disputes before engaging in litigation.
- Serving the needs of small and medium-sized organizations
- Working together with each client to establish and maintain a consistent litigation strategy and communication on all aspects of litigation as the case evolves.
- Providing monthly forecasts of expected workload, costs and expenses
- Associating with additional counsel to manage the workload if the case so warrants
Portfolio Management/ Quality Control
Jahn and Associates works with large trademark portfolios (over 1,500 trademarks) for national and international corporations.
- Portfolio management – Docket and file maintenance and renewal documents with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Quality Control services – Review third party licensee use to prevent abandonment of licensed mark
- Send cease and desist letters to infringing parties
- File cancellation actions through the USPTO against infringing marks
Jahn & Associates negotiates and prepares the following agreements:
- Product licensing
- Film studio
- Music (BMI, ASCAP SESAC)
Trademark Applications/ Registrations
Trademarks are source identifiers for goods and services which include brand names, tag lines, designs and logos. Jahn & Associates assists clients with:
- Trademark searches
- Filing and prosecuting trademark applications throughout the world either through the USPTO or WIPO
- Maintenance and renewal services
- File and defend actions at the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (e.g. oppositions, cancellations)
Copyright Applications/ Registrations
A copyright protects original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression and includes, literary, musical, choreographic, pictorial, graphic, sculptural, motion picture, audiovisual, sound recording and architectural works.
- File copyright applications with the United States Copyright Office
- Representing immigrants through the Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network representing families and children refugees seeking asylum and victims of abuse to assist them in receiving status in the United States.
- Serving as a mentor for the University of Colorado’s New Venture Challenge.
- A volunteer and member of Colorado Attorneys for the Arts.
- Serving as a Mentor for CU’s Entrepreneurial Law Clinic.
- A member of the U.S. District Court of Colorado’s Civil Pro Bono Panel
- Providing legal assistance to Boulder County Aids Project
- Faculty of Federal Advocates Board of Director and Treasurer 2018